A 9 out of 10 for my family (3 kids - 11,8 and 4yo)
1. Very clean, spacious and QUEIT quadruple room with plenty of room for luggages, dining (at a table too) plus moving around
2. King-sized Beds are new and firm (pillows a tad soft for me, but not a deal breaker)
3. Well-lit room at night
4. Aircond works as it should, not erratic like at some hotels
5. Very good window and curtain design that totally blocks out sunlight for sleeping
6. Laundry room at floor 5
7. 7-11 right in the building
8. Easy access to Ikea and Breeze mall. Family mart, bakeries and restaurants including local breakfast shops right outside all within 5mins walk.
9. Friendly and attentive staff especially those at the concierge who will ask about your activities/ dining options. Remember to try out JingDing XiaoGuan if you want Din Tai Fung food (think Xiao Long Bao, prawn fried rice etc) at a reasonable price with no queue
1. Not the best selection and service at breakfast buffet but this is really nitpicking as there are plenty of options around, including the ability to just order from UberEats
All in all, we had a fantastic family vacation in Taipei and a large part thanks to the comfortable room in Illume where we could rest and sleep super well (we like firm beds), and sometimes just spending the night, ordering ubereats + watching tv. We will surely return the next time we come to Taipei, thanks to the whole team at Illume, including the super friendly housekeepers!